Aponogeton Ulvaceus Bulb – African Aquarium Plant
- You will get 1 Aponogeton Ulvaceus Bulb ready to place in your aquarium
- The plant will start growing after a week of submerging the bulb
- Grows fast and large in a few weeks under proper conditions
- Make your aquarium stand out with this beautiful and hard to find plant
- Perfect for 10+ gallon aquariums
34 in stock
Aponogeton ulvaceus is a submerged aquatic plant with a small cone shaped, slightly hairy rhizome about 1.18 inches (30mm) in diameter. The leaf blades have a base that tapers gradually, pale green in colour (reddish under intense light), 20+ inches (50+ cm) long and 3 inches (8 cm) broad, with a wavy margin on petioles of an equal length, and in appearance slightly translucent. A single bulb may produce up to forty leaves in good conditions. No floating leaves are formed. Aponogeton ulvaceus will tolerate most water conditions, but will thrive in slightly alkaline water conditions and a temperature of around 72°F (22°C). Additional CO2 produces more luxuriant growth. It likes a bright position but will grow in partial shade. Origin -It is distributed throughout central and northern Madagascar. In the wild, the plant is permanently submerged and grows in both still and moving waters and sunny and partially shaded environments.