Marimo Moss Ball – 2 Inches
490 in stock
The Moss Ball is a spongy velvet-like green algae ball that in the wild is found around Japan and Northern Europe. They were once thought to be extremely slow growing, but recent studies suggest that the growth can be accelerated by providing more nutrients. In its natural habitat, they are moved around by undercurrents and sink or rise in order to receive plenty of light to carry out photosynthesis. The Moss Ball requires moderate to high lighting, the Moss Ball propagates by division. It starts with a division line which progresses to the splitting off of a smaller new Moss Ball.
- You will get 1 Marimo Moss Ball of 2 inches in diameter
- Photo are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation
- Marimo Moss Balls are undemanding. It requires no maintenance, just water and some light.
- Provide natural resting and hiding places for your smaller fish and invertebrates
- Perfect for any size aquarium