Pogostemon Helferi Portion | Little Star
- You will get 1 portion of Pogostemon Helferi as pictured
- Pogostemon Helferi is a popular carpet plant for aquarium foreground
- Propagates easily on gravel and will form a green carpet
- Make your aquarium stand out with this beautiful and hard to find plant
- Perfect for any size aquarium
Pogostemon Helferi is another wonderful foreground plant that can be use for carpeting, or placed amongst other plants in the foreground . It has lovely crinkled curly green leaves that grow out from the crown, resembling a star shape. It is also another plant which will happily grow on wood. When planting, separate the portion in 2 or 3 pieces and plant 1 inch apart. Over time Pogostemon Helferi will form a dense carpet. Alternatively, plant between rocks or wood for a nice effect. Cut away any dead or decaying leaves to help the plant get off to the best start. Higher light levels will encourage more compact growth, although not essential for the plant to survive. Under lower light, Pogostemon Helferi grows taller. If you see yellow leaves then try increasing nutrients in the water.