Potted Melon Sword - Beginner Tropical Live Aquarium Plant
- You get 1 Potted Melon Sword. An easy live aquarium plant specie for any freshwater aquarium
- Create a natural habitat in your aquarium for your fish and invertebrates
- Make your fish tank look natural and beautiful
- Provide natural resting and hiding places for your smaller fish and invertebrates
- Perfect for mid-size and large aquarium
The Melon Sword, Echinodorus osiris, is a very beautiful Rosette Plant. The leaves are stemmed in appearance and are slightly rippled along the edges. Mature leaves are green, while new younger leaves have a reddish tint. Originally from Brazil, the Melon Sword will tolerate hard water and grow in weak lighting. If in strong light, a nutrient-rich substrate and iron-rich fertilizer are required to keep it from being stunted. In this environment, the water temperature should be no lower than 75°F. Ideal water conditions are a temperature between 65°-82°F, an alkalinity of 3 to 8 dKH, and a pH of 6.5-7.5. A good way to achieve the lighting levels is to illuminate the aquarium with approximately 2 watts per gallon or more using full spectrum (5000-7000K) bulbs. The Melon Sword propagates most often by side shoots coming off the rhizome. They have also been observed with adventitious plants on the peduncle. For the most eye-catching display in the aquarium, plant them singly, scattered throughout the aquarium. Approximate Shipping Size: Potted. 5" to 8"